2020 DAAD Master’s Scholarships in German Studies
In light of the increasing demand for qualified university lecturers in Sub-Saharan Africa, the programme aims at training young African graduates of German Studies to qualify for a career as teachers of German and preparing them for an academic career as well.
Application Deadline: To be Announced
Eligible Countries: Students from countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- An independent selection committee consisting of experts in the field will review applications.
- After a preselection the best candidates will be invited to submit their application via the DAAD portal An interview by DAAD Office Nairobi (if applicable via video or telephone conference) for final selection will follow.
- Criteria for selection are academic achievements, proficiency in German and a convincing explanation of professional and personal reasons for choosing this study programme.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Participation at the two-year Master’s Programme in German Studies at the University of Nairobi incl. a research stay beginning of the second year at one of the German partner universities (TU Dresden, U Bielefeld, U Bayreuth or U Oldenburg)
- Monthly stipend of 240 Euros (for Kenyans) or
- Monthly stipend of 380 Euros (for Non-Kenyans)
- University fees
- Annual research allowance
- Insurance (only for Non-Kenyans)
- Travel allowance (only for Non-Kenyans)
Duration of Award: 2020 DAAD Master’s Scholarships in German Studies
- 24 months altogether, to start on 1st October every even year.
- In the first instance, an award of 12 months is granted, a renewal of another 12 months can be applied for at a later date.
How to Apply: Only students who are admitted to the Master’s programme may apply for a DAAD scholarship. Application for admission is done online: Apply here